Unfortunately, many Jews in the USA and in Israel do not understand that their (our) fate is tied to the fate of Judeo-Christian civilization, and many Christians do not understand that the fate of Christianity depends on the strength of Judaism as its spiritual foundation.
Fortunately, the number of Jews and Christians who understand all that is growing.
Why is it vital nowadays to pay attention to the survival of Judeo-Christian civilization and the fundamental spiritual connections between Jews and Christians – now, in the 21th century after two millenniums of flourishing Judeo-Christian civilization (of course, with the trials of Inquisition, Pogroms and Holocaust)?
That is because the spiritually rival Islamic civilization has begun the deadly assault on our Judeo-Christian civilization following the Qur’anic obligation to make Islamic everything in the human world (ISIS, Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, CAIR, etc.) while the spiritually disarmed Western Judeo-Christian civilization continue to naively search for a “spiritual formula” for peaceful coexistence with the Islamic world.
Europe is the most visible place where Islam is winning and Israel is losing.
Bret Stevens of WSJ underlines the losing mind-set of Europe
Europe is dying because it has become morally incompetent. It is not that Europe stands for nothing. It is that it stands for shallow things, shallowly. Europeans believe in human rights, tolerance, openness, peace, progress, the environment, pleasure. These beliefs are all very nice, but they are also secondary. What Europeans no longer believe in are the things from which their beliefs spring: Judaism and Christianity; liberalism and the Enlightenment; martial pride and capability; capitalism and wealth. Having ignored and undermined their own foundations, they wonder why their house is coming apart. That is what makes the diplomacy of Angela Merkel, undisputed regent of European foreign policy, so odd and disconcerting. She is offering a deal in which Europe would agree to visa-free travel for Turks in Europe starting next year, along with quicker movement on Turkish membership in the European Union, if only Ankara will do more to resettle Syrian and other refugees in their own country. Turkey is led by an elected Islamist with an autocratic streak, prone to anti-Semitic [and anti-Israel] outbursts, who openly supports Hamas, denies the Armenian genocide, jails journalists in record numbers, and orchestrates Soviet-style show trials against his political opponents. Turkey also has borders with Syria, Iraq and Iran. These would become Europe’s borders in the event of Turkish membership.
Regrettably, in the USA, the process of de-Judeo-Christianization has been underway for some time as well and under President Obama this process was accelerated. On April 6, 2009, speaking halfway across the world in Turkey, he proclaimed that the United States did not consider itself a Judeo-Christian nation. He said, although we have a very large Christian population, we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation.
Presidential candidate Ben Carson
We should not give up (our Judeo-Christian) beliefs for political correctness. We have to support America’s Judeo-Christian roots and take pride in that foundation of faith.
However, Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) disagrees with Ben Carson
It is a leading Islamic organization in the USA, and it declares in its core principles the introduction of the active practice of Islam as a tool for strengthening the social and religious fabric of the USA. The active practice requires following the Quran guidance and that means working on replacing the Judeo-Christian governing principles by the Islamic ones.
In the Middle East, Israel is representing and defending the Judeo-Christian morality that makes Israel the chief enemy of the Islamic world. The Islamic world understood this role of Israel and Jews long ago, as Netanyahu reminds us.
Prime Minister of Israel Netanyahu
Hitler did not want to exterminate the Jews at the time. He wanted to expel the Jews. And the spiritual leader of the Arab Muslims Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said: ‘If you expel them, they will all come here,’ meaning Palestine. ‘So what should I do with them?’ Hitler asked. Haj Amin al-Husseini answered, ‘Burn them.’
The 2016 Presidential and Congressional elections are crucial for the survival of Judeo-Christian civilization, as we know it, and for the survival of USA and Israel as the two fundamental cornerstones of this civilization. Let us hope that those who understand all that will be elected.
“Prime Minister of Israel Netanyahu calls PA President Abbas with Eid greeting and says Israel wants peace. PA chief says he wants deal this year”. The problem is that both sides define the peace in a completely different way as could be seen from their Future-for-Palestine narratives.
For us the Jews our Palestinian narrative is clear and Bible-based, and the true Christians support this narrative:
- God gave the Promised Land (with the Holy Center in Jerusalem) now called Palestine, to the Jewish people and provided them with the Law, which is described in the Torah, on how to build a better world for all, Jews and non-Jews, in the Promised Land and beyond.
- The enemies of the Jews have been expelling the Jews from the Promised Land from the very beginning but the Jews were returning to the Promised Land (and Jerusalem) in spite of all threats.
- After the Holocaust, the Jews were returning to the Promised Land in large numbers to escape a murderous Europe and to build a dream-home for the Jews where the Jews themselves are capable to defend themselves from holocausts, pogroms and anti-Semitism.
- The Jews are eager to live in peace with their Arab neighbors if the neighbors agree with the security provisions designed to prevent new attempts to expel the Jews from the Promised Land.
For the Arabs, their Palestinian narrative is clear and Koran-based, and the true Muslims and true anti-Semites support this narrative:
- Allah gave all people the only true religion Islam, and finally the human world have to become Islamic.
- Palestine is the first part of the human world that had become Islamic and therefore, as the Koranic Law says, shall stay Islamic forever.
- After the Holocaust, the establishment of the Jewish State Israel made a part of Palestine de-Islamized and the true Muslims are obliged to reinstate there the Koranic law.
- The true Muslims can accept only a solution to Jewish-Arab conflict in Palestine that makes all Palestine an Islamic one.
An honest assessment of the two narratives makes it clear that there is no way to reconcile them – that is the reason why the “two-state solution” failed in spite of the great and sincere efforts of USA and European governments to find such solution.
That is why I have concluded in the post, “Palestinians have outplayed Israel – what Israel may do now” that the unilateral, one-Jewish-state solution for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict outlined by Caroline Glick many years ago is the only solution available for Israel. This Israeli one-Jewish-state solution should preserve an opportunity for the Palestinians to decide for themselves with whom to collaborate politically in the framework of Israeli secure borders – to have their own Arab-Palestinian secure future without violating the Israeli secure future.
The entire Palestine and Middle East history consists of similar one-sided solutions: a more powerful side defeats a less powerful side and imposes its own one-sided solution where a defeated side is not treated equally. The difference between what have happened in the history and what an Israeli one-sided one-state solution intends to do is that Israel is trying to find a solution where both Israelis and Arabs are treated equally.
- Jews and Arabs have lived in Palestine in relative peace until the beginning of the 20th Neither Jews or Arabs had their national states – the Jews lived in communities while the Arabs lived in tribes. The ruling Turks of Ottoman Empire allowed Jews, Christians and Muslim to live in accordance with their own, non-Turkish traditions. Both Jews and Arabs owned pieces of the land where they supported their families by farming and animal stock raising. The land used by the Arabs was owned by tradition and transferred from generation to generation while the land used by the Jews was legally purchased either from the Ottoman government or from private Arab owners.
- There were disputes and even minor military clashes but they were of the same magnitude than the others tribal disputes and clashes in the area like Persians vs. Arabs, Sunnis vs. Shiites, Kurds vs. Turks, or ISIS vs. Yazidis. The tribal/communal relationships remained the same after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in WWI, when the foreign European powers – UK, France, Germany, and Italy – became the governing powers in the Middle East.
- However, in the late 1940th and in the 1950th, the foreign governing powers realized that the cost of the Middle East governing is too high, and began creating local artificial states to transfer the governing power to them. Since those artificial states were created not in a normal historic way when – before creating a state – the people find a common ground for a peaceful coexistence, immediately local wars started to reshape the Middle-East map artificially created by the foreign powers.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a part of this general reshaping. The current situation is such that everything is decided by non-peaceful means (Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Kurds, ISIS), and Israeli-Palestinian conflict is going to be resolved in the same way with various foreign powers trying to advance their own, not Israeli or Palestinian, interest.
- If it is so, and the history of the region confirms that is the case, it is much more beneficial for Israel to go ahead with own unilateral proposal for secure borders of the state of Israel, providing an option for the West-Bank Arabs to define their political future in the framework of Israel secure borders.
|The readers who prefer a more emotional presentation over a fact-based one can find it on the topic of this post in a video-talk by Pat Condell at|
The Palestinian leadership has recognized that they have got everything, what was possible to advance their anti-Israel agenda, in negotiations with Israel. Now they are trying to advance further their anti-Israel agenda through governments and spiritual leaders of Western countries, and they are successful.
Dr. Saeb Erekat, a member of the PLO Executive Committee and head of the Palestinian negotiating team outlined a Palestinian strategy for a diplomatic struggle with Israel. Its main points include:
- Annulling the PLO’s recognition of Israel
- A diplomatic campaign to recruit international support to coerce an Israeli withdrawal to the 1967 lines
- Insisting on the “right of return” of Palestinian “refugees” along with their descendants
- Rejection of any proposals for a temporary or partial settlement with Israel.
- A legal battle against Israel in the international arena aimed at constraining Israel’s ability to defend itself against Palestinian terror.
- Strategic cooperation with Hamas and Islamic Jihad by integrating them into the PLO’s institutions.
- The waging of an all-out “peaceful popular struggle” against Israel (defined by Palestinian leadership as local terror attacks).
The Palestinian strategy is being successfully implemented. Here are just a few examples of the Palestinian unilateral advances.
- Vatican acknowledges Palestinian Arabs as an independent people in their independent state.
- International Criminal Court intends to take the Palestinians’ anti-Israel petitions as from a legitimate state.
- French government intends to introduce in UN its own recipe for a Palestinian state without consulting Israel and without taking into consideration Israel’s security concerns.
- The Palestinian influence in Europe begins to be stronger than that of Israel as the failure to establish a sisterhood relationship between Tel-Aviv and Amsterdam demonstrates.
- BDS movement (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) instigated by the Palestinians to delegitimize Israel is growing.
- US Supreme Court joins the pro-Palestinian forces by not recognizing Jerusalem as the Capital city of Israel.
- US President Barak Obama supports the promoted-by-Palestinians 1967 borders between Israel and a Palestinian state which are difficult, or even impossible, to defend, and Obama’s actions help Iran become the hegemon of the Middle East leading the others in destroying the state of Israel.
- UK threatens to arrest visiting Israeli politicians while welcoming Palestinian leaders.
- The Palestinian effort to delegitimize Israel helps to revive European anti-Semitism.
Unfortunately, the Israel leadership is trying to revive a dead body of the past agreements, which are based on the two-side negotiations, instead of advancing its own unilateral security-oriented agenda.
Caroline Glick predicted the failure of the two-state solution long ago – now her “prophecy” is supported by many recent political developments some of which are listed in the above.
It looks like Glick’s ideas have to be revived by the new Israeli government with some modifications that include
- Demarcation of the territory of a sort of autonomous demilitarized Arab-Palestinian enclave within the boundaries of the State of Israel, and
- The opportunity for the Arab-Palestinians in this territory to decide for themselves whom to join politically – either to become a part of Jewish State of Israel or ask Jordan to take them.
Of course, many in Israel and the “international community” will not like this proposal. However, it looks like it the way to go.
Many critics of Obama are explaining the decline of domestic and foreign fortunes of the USA during the Obama presidency by his inexperience in everything – in business, in politics, in management, in diplomacy, etc. His inexperience, the critics say, leads to his strategic mistakes in domestic and foreign affairs.
Here are some of Obama’s foreign-affairs “mistakes”:
Helping, sometimes unsuccessfully, to bring Muslim Brotherhood to power in Middle East countries such as for example Egypt and Libya.
Alienating Washington’s traditional American allies in the region such as Israel or Saudi Arabia.
Not restricting Iran from obtaining nuclear weaponry in spite of Iran’s strategy of “Death to Israel and America”, and alienating anti-Persian Arab countries by not preventing Iran from becoming the hegemon of the region.
Encouraging dictatorial tendencies of Erdogan of Turkey who is reshaping Turkey from a democracy to a Muslim autocracy.
Leaving Iraq and Afghanistan prematurely, dooming the vast American investment in those two countries.
Not resisting Russian attempts to expand its autocratic sphere of dominance.
His domestic-affairs “mistakes” are impressive as well:
Increasing social polarization of American society (blacks vs. whites, females vs. males, immigrants vs. citizens, police vs. blacks, rich vs. poor, Republicans vs. Democrats, House of Representatives vs. Senate, etc.).
Sharply increasing national debt.
Using IRS and other government agencies to suppress political adversaries.
Disrespecting the US Congress as a constitutionally equal branch of government.
If one thinks the Obama’s strategic goal from the very beginning of his presidency was to preserve and strengthen the uniqueness and greatness of America in domestic and foreign affairs, then all in the above are just innocent mistakes – he honestly intended to do Good in everything in the above but due to his immaturity the result turned to be Bad.
Unfortunately, that is not the case. From the very beginning, Obama’s strategic goal, as he stated it many times in his books and speeches, of course in a double-speak language, was not to preserve and strengthen the uniqueness and greatness of America.
His strategic goal was an opposite one – to diminish the uniqueness of America since, in the Obama’s vision of the world, America is an impediment to a “better, as some may say Islamo-socialist world”.
How do we know about his strategic goal?
Immediately after the election victory, Obama proudly stated on many occasions that his goal is “to fundamentally change America”. What are “the fundamentals” of America needed to be changed? They are well known and based on the Constitution and the after-WWII dominant role of USA in world affairs. Those fundamentals are:
- The American-style democracy is a true democracy where the people, not the authoritative rulers of all kinds, govern the country.
- The governance of the country is based on Judeo-Christian principles.
- The country takes upon itself a noble mission of defending and strengthening the Judeo-Christian Western World.
What are evidences that Obama has been trying to “fundamentally change” the American-style democracy?
Just listen to his anti-democratic, autocratic language: My administration, My council, My advisers, Upon my order, I can do (whatever I want) by executive orders, and much more of the same nature.
Just remember his encouraging speeches, actions and even gestures about dictatorial countries like Turkey, Saudis, and Russia, and dictatorial ideologies of Koran and Sharia.
Just remember he is the first American president who has not been acknowledging the uniqueness and greatness of America in his speeches.
What are evidences that Obama has been trying to “fundamentally change” the Judeo-Christian principles of governing?
Just remember his spiritual mentors, advisers and friends who helped him create his spiritual vision of the world – all of them were ideological haters of Judeo-Christian America, such as Saul Alinsky, William Ayers, Frank Davis, Jeremiah Wright, and many more of the same anti-American mindset.
Just remember his admiration for Islamic tradition, religion and culture and never for anything Judeo-Christian.
Just remember his dislike of the State of Israel, miraculous rebirth of which was strengthening the Judeo-Christian foundation of our civilization.
What are evidences that Obama has been trying to “fundamentally change” the American mission of defending and strengthening the Judeo-Christian Western World?
Just remember his removal of American anti-missile defense systems from the countries of Eastern Europe, such as Check Republic or Poland, aimed at protecting the new Western Judeo-Christian democracies from Russian dictatorial threats.
Just remember he has frequently been reminding us about the real or alleged historic Christian atrocities and about the Israeli perceived sins related to “illegal settlements” while never mentioning the name of real perpetrators of the contemporary anti-Christian, ant-Jewish and anti-Israel atrocities that is Islamic terrorists and warriors of Allah who commit their crimes under the slogan “Allah Akbar”.
All in the above are the undisputable facts that support the feeling of many that the result of most of Obama’s actions that the people’s majority do not like are not the consequence of his inexperience – that is the outcome that he envisioned from the very beginning and achieved it.
The Jewish past is being reexamined to meet the Jewish future: an Obama-Netanyahu confrontation
In the Jewish past, the Jews were considered by non-Jews as the subjects who should be gainfully used but kept spiritually suppressed – in the Jewish past, a Jew was successful in non-Jewish surroundings only if he followed the directives of a non-Jewish master. The legacy of the Jewish past is still alive in some Jewish left-wing-oriented circles where the obedience to a government master is supreme – not the Torah/Bible-based spiritual challenge to the government master.
In the Jewish future, the Jews will be reestablishing their spiritual role as the Chosen – in the Jewish future, the Jews will be spiritually uplifted in the non-Jewish surroundings where they will be among leaders in creating a better world for everybody, Jews and non-Jews. In the Jewish future, the Jews will be challenging a government master if it legislates contrary to the Torah/Bible guidance.
Now we are in the transition times from the Jewish past to the Jewish future and Obama-Netanyahu confrontation is a good example of this. Obama is trying to reinforce the Jewish past while Netanyahu is strengthening the Jewish future. Read the rest of this entry