Science in harmony with God – intellectual Torah/Bible-based discussion. Part 1.
Science may not be in harmony with Religion but it is in harmony with God. It is so because Science discovers the laws of Nature created by something or somebody above us, the humans, called God while Religion was created by us, the humans, with the purpose of subjugating the humans to the will of human gods among us.
I know many may rebel against this statement. However, before doing this please consider the following line of scientific logic.
- Science knows our world had been created somehow at the Beginning. We may disagree on the name of the Beginning (Big Bang, Six Days of Creation, etc.) but we agree on the existence of the Beginning and we continue to search for its essence. We may disagree on the name of the Creator (God, Adonai, Nature, Cosmos, Big Bang, etc.) but we agree on its (his) existence.
- We the humans live in two worlds – in the world of the Creator, commonly called God, and in the world of Religion. Those two worlds are different.
- The world of God was created by God itself (himself) and is governed by the God’s unwritten laws, which are being discovered and studied by Science – one of the best examples of such discoveries is the Darwin’s evolution theory.
- The world of Religion is made by us the humans and is governed by our human religious authorities.
- In the world of God, all people are judged by their efforts to continue the God’s creative work in building a better world for everybody along the lines of individual interpretation of God’s unwritten commandments.
- In the world of Religion, all people are judged by their obedience to prayers and rituals which are considered to be obedience to God.
- The world of Religion split people into spiritually competing, sometimes violently, groups while the world of Science and God unites people.
I presented this line of scientific logic at one scientific forum. As it should be, some at the forum agree have agreed with this statement; some disagreed.
Below is a sample of disagreeing opinions.
Vladimir, your entire post is not science. It’s nothing but emotional, religious drivel. Religious is cultural, not factual.
My response to Opinion #1:
I have to disagree with you.
In order to understand the nature’s laws which scientists are trying to discover they have to know the source of those laws. And because this source is above us the humans it cannot be defined in full only by facts. And because it cannot be defined only by facts, it is emotional by definition.
This is nonsense. Before you can posit harmony, you must first demonstrate that a god exists, and further demonstrate the properties of said god such that an examination can be made of whether or not such properties are in harmony with science. It can be shown that all of this is impossible.
My response to Opinion #2:
You responded emotionally and probably without trying to understand my post. Let me rephrase some points in the post.
(1) God is a governing authority above us the humans in the universe. It could be Nature, Cosmos, Big Bang, etc., and most of scientists agree with this authority. The image of God as an almighty human being is one of the God’s images explored by religious authorities. The name of this authority is not that important if we understand what we are talking about.
(2) If you are familiar with the science of management you would know that a level of management above you cannot be understood in full through experiments – you may only create your own personal interpretation of what is going on “upstairs” based on the information what is coming to you from there.
(To be continued)